Letter to Association Members
NOTICE OF MERGER BALLOT RESULTS
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the North Dakota Implement Dealers Association (NDIDA), I am pleased to officially inform dealer members that NDIDA and the Minnesota South Dakota Equipment Dealers Association (MSDEDA) will merge to form a new organization known as the Pioneer Equipment Dealers Association.
Following a thorough, months-long process of due diligence, a ballot vote of NDIDA and MSDEDA decision-makers has been conducted independently by the accounting firm Eide Bailly LLP during late December and early January. The ballot vote yielded an overwhelmingly favorable response to the merger of our two organizations. By this vote, the Boards of both NDIDA and MSDEDA have been instructed by their members to confirm and complete the merger.
The formation of the Pioneer Equipment Dealers Association holds vast potential to enhance dealer benefits in our tri-state region. Our new organization will include a larger, stronger dealer base, a single source for information and resources, greater ability to enhance manufacturer relations, better influence in state and federal lobbying, economies of scale through the elimination of redundant services, enhanced net income through expansion of for-profit services, and a more robust financial position allowing investments in new services and opportunities.
The Pioneer Equipment Dealers Association will become effective upon the filing of the Articles of Merger with the Secretaries of State of both North Dakota and Minnesota. The expected launch date is April 1, 2019. In the weeks prior to the launch date, each association will continue to conduct business as usual.
Following is a summary of details regarding our exciting new association:
1. The official name of our new organization will be the Pioneer Equipment Dealers Association. The expected launch date of the new organization is April 1, 2019.
2. The Pioneer Equipment Dealers Association Board will be comprised of members of the current NDIDA and MSDEDA Boards.
3. Matthew C. Larsgaard will be named President/CEO of the newly-formed Pioneer Equipment Dealers Association. He will administer all day-to-day Association operations and management of staff.
4. The Pioneer Equipment Dealers Association office headquarters will be in Fargo, North Dakota. A regional office will also be located in Owatonna, Minnesota.
5. Association Services Inc. (ASI) will serve as the administrative service provider for the Pioneer Equipment Dealers Association. ASI will be jointly owned by the Pioneer Equipment Dealers Association and the Automobile Dealers Association of North Dakota.
6. All current programs, services, and endorsements offered by the North Dakota Implement Dealers Association and the Minnesota South Dakota Equipment Dealers Association will continue for the foreseeable future.
7. The first annual Pioneer Equipment Dealers Association Convention will be held November 11-12, 2019, at the Holiday Inn, Fargo, ND. Please save the date!
As the Pioneer Equipment Dealers Association launches and continues to take shape over the coming months, the Association’s Board and staff will keep you informed every step of the way via mail, email, online newsletter, and web postings. As always, your thoughts and questions are encouraged. Please contact Matthew Larsgaard at 701-293-6822 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or any member of our Board of Directors.
This is an exciting and historic development for both NDIDA and MSDEDA! The combining of our associations’ strengths into one powerful and productive organization – the Pioneer Equipment Dealers Association – will benefit dealers in our tri-state region now and for decades to come.
True to our new name, we look forward to journeying together as fellow Pioneers to discover and conquer new territory in the farm and construction equipment industries.